4 Natural Remedies For Dry Eyes in 2023
Are you experiencing sensations like dry eyes, eye fatigue, stinging, or changes in vision? Have you ever pondered the existence of natural solutions for dry eye discomfort? If you're among the countless individuals in the country dealing with dry eye, you're likely aware of the numerous natural remedies available for this condition like natural eye drops for dry eyes, exercises, herbs, etc. However, it's important to recognize that these remedies aren't all of the same quality.
What is Dry Eye?
Dry eye is a condition that has become more prevalent in recent times due to our modern lifestyles. It ranks among the most common reasons for consulting an ophthalmologist, second only to sight testing. This ailment directly impacts one's quality of life. However, proper consultation with an Ayurvedic doctor, using best eye drops for dry eyes and following home remedies can help in managing the symptoms.
Types of dry eyes:
There exist three types of dry eye: evaporative dry eye, aqueous deficiency dry eye, and mixed dry eye.
Typically, an individual experiences dry eyes when their tears lack proper quality and/or their production is insufficient. Consequently, the eye's surface becomes irritated and inflamed, leading to various symptoms.
Numerous factors can exacerbate or trigger dry eye, spanning from age and makeup to medication, eye surgeries, eye drop preservatives, and prolonged screen usage.
For its treatment, a range of approaches can be utilized in combination. Today, we will delve into natural remedies that have the potential to alleviate and enhance dry eye symptoms.
This condition encompasses a range of symptoms and most of them can be managed by Ayurvedic eye drops for dry eyes as well as home remedies, including:
Sensitivity to light
Irritated or scratchy eyes
1. Natural remedies for dry eyes:
In case your tear production is insufficient, artificial tears can be a solution. Over-the-counter lubricating eye drops are designed to bolster your tear film, providing protection to your eye's surface. The ISOAMRIT Ayurvedic Eye Drops aids in moisturizing and hydrating the eyes, while also offering relief to dry and irritated eyes, ultimately contributing to the restoration of natural eye health. The natural ingredients present in eye drops provide lubrication for the eyes, alleviating dryness and discomfort. Offering soothing relief from itching and burning sensations, they effectively reduce redness and further enhance overall comfort by moisturizing tired eyes.
How to use it:
For application, gently pull down your lower eyelid, then place 2 drops in each eye. Following this, close your eyes to rest, and finally, swipe away any excess liquid to complete the process.
Chamomile possesses numerous advantageous qualities as a plant, most notably recognized for its anti-inflammatory attributes. Chamomile's anti-inflammatory nature is adept at providing relief to dry and irritated eyes. Individuals dealing with dry eye syndrome can find relief by applying chamomile tea bags to their eyes, effectively minimizing symptoms and enhancing comfort.
How to use it:
Prepare a chamomile infusion, soak two cotton pads in it, and gently place them on your eyes for a duration of 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Drink Water
While tears comprise more than just water, water constitutes the most substantial portion, accounting for 98% of their composition. The remaining 2% comprises oils, salts, and over 1,500 proteins. Consequently, inadequate water intake can lead to reduced tear production.
You may have come across the recommendation that adults should consume 6–8 glasses of 250 mL (8 fl oz) water daily. While this guideline can be useful, it may not suit everyone perfectly. The ideal amount of water you need varies based on factors like activity level, health status, and surroundings.
If you're uncertain about your optimal water intake, starting with the 6–8 glass guideline is a good approach.
How to use it: Well! Just drink plenty of water throughout the day and that's the best way to use water for your Dry eye problems.
4. Wash your eyelids
If you're dealing with dry eyes, consider giving special attention to that region while cleansing your face. To alleviate irritation, you can consider using a mild soap or baby shampoo to clean your eyelids and the surrounding area. The best way to keep your eyelids clean is using Jagat Pharma’s eyelid wipes.
How to do it: Close your eyes, softly massage the area with the cleanser, and afterward, rinse with cool or lukewarm water. For using wipes, simply take out one of our wipes using clean hands and wipe off the eye lids.
These are just a few ways to prevent as well as manage the symptoms of dry eyes using natural means. If your condition worsens, then it is always advisable to consider seeing an Ayurvedic doctor.