5 Herbs To Deal With Cough And Cold- The Ayurvedic Way
Who does not relish the indulgence of a steaming cup of hot coffee on a delightful rainy day? Such is the delight! However, this season also unravels a narrative of afflictions: Kapha-Vata disorders, manifesting as Cold and Cough. Though a mild common cold may seem inconsequential, it can still impede your daily activities. Apart from the seasonal transition, various factors can instigate the occurrence of cough and cold. Coughing, a common reflex, may also arise when foreign particles infiltrate the respiratory passages.Seasonal and environmental allergies stand prominent among the root causes of cold and cough. Ayurvedic herbs, exercises and Ayurvedic cough syrup from a good manufacturer can help you deal with this situation naturally without any side effects.
Ayurvedic Solutions for Cough & Cold - Find Relief with these Natural Remedies
Apart from medicines and cough syrups, you can try using easy Ayurvedic remedies to alleviate your cough and cold symptoms.
According to Ayurveda, when there is an imbalance in the three doshas - vata, pitta, and kapha, it can lead to various ailments. In the case of cough and cold, an excess of pitta and kapha in the body can cause nasal congestion and cough.
To address this, here are a few natural remedies you can try at home:
How it works: Tulsi stimulates the production of antibodies, safeguarding against infections. It also possesses properties that alleviate cough by soothing the airways and facilitating the removal of sticky mucus.
How to take:
How it works: Honey helps in reducing chest congestion by loosening thick mucus and aiding in its expulsion, thereby alleviating wet cough.
How to take:Take a teaspoon of honey before going to bed at night to lessen the severity of cough. Continue until you find relief from the cough. Honey in Ginger Juice: Take 1 teaspoon of honey. Add 1 teaspoon of ginger juice and a pinch of black pepper. Consume it once in the morning and once before going to bed at night for relief from a sore throat and cough.
How it works:Mulethi possesses expectorant properties that thin and loosen mucus in the airways, providing relief from coughing and reducing congestion.
How to take:
How it works:Pippali loosens mucus, facilitating its expulsion through coughing, thus enabling free breathing. This expectorant property of Pippali contributes to its effectiveness.
How to take:
How it works:Sonth contains specific molecules with anti-inflammatory properties, which help reduce sore throat.
How to take:
Ayurvedic Tips to Maintain Distance from Cold and Cough:
- Suddha Hasta (Clean Hands): Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds to prevent the spread of cold viruses.
- Na Dhaavayet Mukham (Don't Touch Your Face): Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes and nose, as this can introduce germs into your system.
- Snigdha Anguli (Sanitized Hands): After touching contaminated surfaces at your workplace, such as doorknobs, computer mouse, or chair handles, sanitize your hands with alcohol-based hand gels.
- Shad Angula Dhoorata (Maintain a Distance): Keep a distance of at least 6 feet from individuals suffering from cold and cough to minimize the risk of transmission.
- Dhupa (Mask): Wear a mask whenever you step outside your home or come into contact with people you don't live with. This helps prevent the spread of respiratory droplets.Keep a distance of at least 6 feet from individuals suffering from cold and cough to minimize the risk of transmission.
- Ushnodaka (Warm Water): Increase your water intake and consume hot tea and liquids to keep yourself hydrated and promote overall well-being.
- Sweda Snaana (Steam Inhalation): Perform steam inhalation by adding 1-2 drops of eucalyptus oil to a bowl of hot water. Repeat this 2-3 times a day to find relief from a stuffy nose.
- Bala Vriddhi (Boost Your Immunity): Strengthen your immune system by consuming a balanced diet rich in vitamin C-rich foods, which can help enhance your body's defense mechanisms.
- Vyayama (Exercise): Engage in some form of exercise or yoga to keep yourself physically active and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the Ayurvedic treatment approach for dry cough?
In Ayurveda, personalized medicinal preparations are prescribed based on dosha balance and symptoms. Advanced Ayurvedic medicines like Draksharishta, Vaikrantabaddaras, Pravalachandrodaya, Ekotharavrudhimahalakshmivilasarasa, Bansa cough syrup,Talisadi Churna, Sithopaladhi Churna, and Lakshmivilasarasa are effective for ailments like dry cough, fever, throat infection, and respiratory diseases. Treating Vataja Kasa (dry cough) includes chest massage with sesame oil, herbal ghee administration, digestive enemas, Bansa Ayurvedic cough syrup and Sitopaladi Churna prescription, containing Vamsa rochana and other beneficial herbs and spices.
What are the important lifestyle changes to prevent cough and cold?
To prevent cough and cold:
What are the home remedies for dry cough?
For dry cough relief, try these Ayurvedic remedies:
Can Ayurvedic medicine cure colds?
Ayurvedic medicine, such as Bansa Ayurvedic Cough Syrup, can be effective in treating colds. Bansa syrup, containing natural ingredients like Gulkhairo, Somlata, Bansa and Tulsi, alleviates cough and throat irritation, reduces inflammation in the respiratory system, and fights viral and bacterial infections. Gulkhairo helps alleviate congestion, Somlata provides relief in throat congestion and asthmatic conditions, Bansa effectively relieves respiratory spasms and provides relief from irritating cough.and Tulsi relieves cough symptoms due to its anti-allergic properties. With its all-natural formulation, Bansa syrup offers a safe and holistic approach to managing cold symptoms, free from harmful chemicals or preservatives.